Process Assurance Advisor – Operations
We are looking for an experienced Process Assurance Advisor to join the Operation team, working closely with our terminals and engineering team. This is a full time permanent role, based in Wellington.
If you are interested in the role, submit your application by 5pm 20 July through our job posting on seek.co.nz: https://www.seek.co.nz/job/57652790
What we can offer you:
- A supportive, team focused environment with many years of combined industry experience
- Flexible working schedule with a competitive salary package
- Group Life and Medical Insurance
- Commitment to training and professional development
- KiwiSaver employer contribution 4%
- A work environment that values diversity
The purpose of the Process Assurance Advisor – Operations is to develop and support the terminal operations programme of work and associated initiatives. This is achieved by gathering data and researching information on our operations, analysing this and forming initiatives and strategies. The role is responsible for informing of terminal activities and developments and lead operational excellence initiatives through to implementation.
You will be working closely across the NZOSL (New Zealand Oil Services Limited) team, as well as providing critical input on operational and process requirements for assets engineering and maintenance program.
KEY RESULTS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
Information and analysis
- Analysis of information and operating data to inform strategies and business developments
- Recommending changes to process and equipment to address risks and implement improvements
- Maintain terminal dashboard reporting to provide clear and relevant information on current performance against plan
- Lead investigation of events using disciplines and tools such as ICAM and root cause analysis
- Advising the assets and engineering program
- Provide an operational lens to engineering work scopes to ensure operations requirements are met and the most effective outcomes are achieved
- Provide operational input to the Maintenance Supervisor for maintenance requirements and procedures
- A leader of operational excellence from planning through to implementation
- Develop the operational excellence template and establish strategies for implementing this across terminal operations
- Implement operational excellence initiatives in conjunction with Terminal Operations and Engineering teams
- Investigate operating practices and develop best practice standards for NZOSL operations
- Ownership and delegation to approve specified operations processes and control settings, and sets standards in the Terminal Operations Manual (TOM)
- Providing operations change authority for specified systems
- Authorship of the TOM and recommending changes and updates
- Ownership of key terminal information and process systems
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key external stakeholders’ industry contacts and statutory authorities
- Be an NZOSL ambassador within work scope and in communication with NZOSL employees and other key stakeholders
Health, Safety, Security and Environmental
- Safety first orientation and proactive participation in the NZOSL safety program
- A key participant in Triage incident review process
- Experienced in operations and engineering in the oil and gas or related industry
- Knowledge of plant and equipment and asset management
- Understand how to use data, distil and interpret and present information
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Outstanding relationship skills
- Achievement and result oriented with commitment to see the job through.
- Flexibility, versatility and adaptability to handle a number of issues at the same time.
- High levels of personal integrity and trust, self-managing and motivated to succeed.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis to visit terminal sites
The following qualifications and experience will be an advantage:
- Qualification in engineering or science related disciplines
- Experience in working in a hazardous industry environment
- Familiarity with information technology and common engineering and maintenance software
- Understanding of health, safety, environmental, and major hazard facility legislation.