Fuel Storage Terminal Operator, New Plymouth
The Terminal Operator is a very much practical hands on role and focuses on undertaking operational activities within the terminal and wharf environment. You will need to have a high level of attention to detail and good record keeping skills, along with a demonstrated ability to understand instructions and to follow procedures. The ability to work well in a team and communicate clearly and effectively is essential for success. A proactive, can do attitude are expected from our people.
Our terminals usually operate Monday to Friday, with night and weekend work carried out when there is an operational requirement. There will be periods where the terminal has a higher than usual tempo of work so flexibility will be required. The terminal operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week basis.
- Have 3-5 years’ proven experience in the Industrial sector or similar industry
- Be commitment to safety and efficiency
- Being adaptable and responsive to changing circumstances, with the ability to work autonomously
- Be reliable, have good attention to detail with high work standards
- Have a full driver’s license (no restrictions) with own transport
- Have excellent communication skills
- A strong mechanical aptitude
- Be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
What we can offer you:
- Provide a wide range of duties with great opportunity for growth through our structured learning programmes
- Gain insight to terminal operations and maintenance of terminal assets and industry knowledge
- Strong team environment with many years of combined industry experience
Applications close 5.00 pm 4 October 2018.