We are currently hiring for the role of Finance and Planning Manager at Central Office.
Job title: Finance & Planning Manager
Reporting to: General Manager
Staff reporting: 3 direct reports
Location: Central Office, Wellington
The Finance & Planning Manager leads the Finance, Procurement, I.T. and Administration functions of the organisation. This role is a key advisor to the General Manager on all financial matters and is a member of the senior leadership team.
Key Result Areas and Accountabilities
- Responsible for all accounting and financial matters for the company ensuring reported results comply with required accounting principles and standards.
- Maintenance of a comprehensive set of controls and processes to mitigate Report on all potential financial risks and take ownership of continually improving these controls to reduce risk.
- Bring rigorous analysis to cost proposals, and challenge spending to ensure the best use of NZOSL funds.
- Responsible for the financial aspects of all company transactions, contracts and leases.
- Ensure NZOSL has in place appropriate insurance coverage, as required, and that audits are completed on time and statutory requirements are met.
- Develop robust reporting systems to communicate the company’s actual and forecasted financial performance.
- Provide quality assurance of all financial information.
Strategy & Planning
- Work closely with the GM to prepare the annual business plan and budget.
- Develop a five year financial outlook for the company incorporating the costs of operating NZOSL’s base business and opportunities for growth. Project the long term financial picture of the company with robust analysis and modelling.
- Closely monitor NZOSL’s financial performance against the annual and five year plans.
- Compose and/or assess the financial elements of business cases for any growth opportunities.
- Report progress on the implementation of plans and strategy to senior management.
- Provide leadership and coaching to the I.T. Specialist in maximizing the use of available technology to deliver business efficiencies across the organisation.
- Oversee the scoping of business IT needs to ensure they align with the IT strategic direction.
- Evaluate all proposed IT projects to confirm they align to strategy and monitor implementation to ensure they meet agreed outcomes and budget.
- Ensure that appropriate policies, procedures and systems are in place for data protection and that data security complies with good practices.
Procurement & Administration Support
- Negotiation and delivery of all procurement contracts to ensure value for money, including the identification and implementation of new procurement contracts where they will deliver benefit to the organisation.
- Oversee contractual arrangements for all buildings and facilities, ensuring facilities are fit for purpose and meet the HSSE requirements.
- Manage and support the Office Administrator in the delivery of support services across the organisation, ensuring that the day to day support meets the needs of the business.
- Provide leadership with a focus on developing a team that is customer-focused, communicates well and is continually striving to improve its performance.
- Ensure training and development initiatives are introduced to improve the capability and performance of the team.
- Be an active member of the senior leadership team.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Must be CA qualified
- Proven experience as a senior finance leader and trusted advisor working in a commercial organisation
- Thorough understanding of the governance structures and business reporting requirements
- High level of commercial acumen, strategic planning and conceptual thinking ability, able to see the big picture
- An ability to maximise operational performance, financial and budgeted objectives
- Superior business planning and reporting skills
- Sound analytical skills with the ability to identify and address key issues and risks
- Excellent relationship management, networking and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- The ability to motivate, supervise and coach individual staff members
If this sounds like it could be your next challenge then please apply online through the www.seek.co.nz website. Applications close 5pm 11th June 2019.